Where can I access more information about the Ames Police Department?
City of Ames Police Department website

Is my friend in jail at the Ames Police Department?
Persons taken into custody by the Ames Police Department are transported to the Story County Jail in Nevada. If the person is an adult, and we have them in custody, we will tell you that information over the phone. We cannot discuss the details of criminal cases over the telephone, or in person, unless it is with the arrested person`s legal counsel. We cannot discuss cases involving juveniles with anyone except their legal guardian or legal counsel. Questions - call (515) 239-5133.

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...